Burnout is REAL, y’all!
Do you have signs of burnout? Check out the list below and see how many apply to you.
- You feel totally run down. It’s like you’ve been drained of all your energy- physical and emotional
- You’re noticing a lot more negativity in your thoughts, especially toward your job
- Your sympathy is GONE. You notice you’re way harder on others lately
- Small problems that never bothered you before really seem to get under your skin. It feels like you’re constantly irritated and frustrated
- You feel misunderstood and unappreciated for what you do
- It seems like you have no one to talk to
- You feel like all your efforts aren’t paying off and you’re not achieving anything despite all your work and tiredness
- You feel a TON of pressure to succeed- which makes it feel worse that you’re not seeing results
- You’re not getting what you want out of your work
- It feels sometimes like you’re in the wrong job, at the wrong church, with the wrong people… Everything just feels wrong!
- You’re stuck in a system that’s just not working for you. Whether it’s office politics, church bureaucracy, or difficulty with an organization, they’re keeping you from doing a good job
- Your to-do list is super long and growing fast. It’s more than you’d be able to do in a day or even a week. You don’t have time to do the things you need to do in order to do a good job
Burnout attacks our sense of purpose and meaning
You feel like you’re not enough- you don’t have enough resources. You’re empty, exhausted, and have no motivation to keep going. Your work? What is it even for? You’ve lost touch with the reasons you initially loved your work. The things you used to care about just don’t seem to matter anymore. You used to find great meaning in the ways your work affected your world, but now you’re cynical about your actual impact.
Burnout is NOT inevitable and it IS something you can reverse and heal. We’ll look at your current life patterns and explore the possible causes and contributors to your burnout. As we discover what’s led you to this point, we’ll create an actionable plan to help. And once we’ve worked through your burnout, we’ll develop a plan to develop your resilience to prevent burnout from creeping up again.
In sessions, we’ll help you improve the top five life domains at risk for burnout. You’ll learn how to find and connect to a supportive community. We’ll reframe the way you approach your work-life balance. We’ll explore your values and make sure your life lines up with your priorities. You’ll create and implement an exercise plan that fits your needs. And finally, we’ll look at how your food choices might be impacting your mood.
Are you ready to enjoy your work again?
You are not alone in feeling stressed and overwhelmed by everything that goes into being a person in this world. I want to see you become proud of yourself and your capability in your real day to day life. I want you to have a life and job that are characterized by joy and contentment no matter what your circumstances are.
See how specialized Christian focused therapy for burnout can transform your personal and professional life. To learn more about me, check out my About page.